Friday, February 8, 2013

Hitting Reset

This week was tough. Between preparing to be gone from work & home for a week, and having a bizarre nerve inflammation, my head was not in the game at the beginning of the week

I've realized over the years that even when I'm doing really great with my weight loss, I let distractions sabotage my progress.  It's like I can only focus and do 2 or 3 things at a time very well, and being on plan is the first thing to go when something else (no matter how minor) moves up in priority.

I'm not proud of how I started my week. It included (among several indiscretions) of all things... a trip to Taco Bell.  I don't really even like Taco Bell.  And I didn't get something "healthy" I got a stupid 7 layer burrito and a mexican pizza.  It wasn't good.  I didn't want it. I would have rather had any number of other things for the same amount of calories.  I decided (unfortunately after eating that meal instead of before) I really needed to hit reset.  I still had 4 days until my cruise, and there was really no reason to waste them!

I'm happy to say that I managed to salvage those 4 days, and turn the potential gain into a small loss!  HUGE VICTORY!!!

I am traveling tomorrow to Florida, then on board a very large boat (I know... it's a ship!) until next Sunday (Feb 17th).  So, this is my post for the week.  My scale did show a small loss this week, but since it is not my "official" WW recorded weight, no picture or total loss listed for this post.

I do plan to indulge a bit on the cruise, but to not overdo it.  I won't have another official weigh in until February 24th. If I were to show a small (below 5 lb) gain on that date, I'd be pretty proud of myself.  I plan to get plenty of activity on the cruise and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to offset any sweets and drinks I may have.

As soon as I get back home on the 17th I'll be hitting reset all over again.  That's the nice thing about that reset button.. you can hit it ANY TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment