Sunday, April 21, 2013

10% GOAL! Next stop Onederland!

This is a very exciting day for me!  Today I reached my 10% goal at WW!!  That is, since starting WW again in December, I have lost 10% of that starting weight.  While this puts me still 29lbs over my lowest, it is a huge accomplishment and I am very proud!  If I can continue to lose at this rate (roughly 1.5lbs per week) I will be on track to be back to my lowest recorded weight by the end of August.  I won't be too disappointed if it takes longer than that, but I'm excited to see the potential to get there that soon.

So, what's different at the 10% mark?  I'm one full dress size smaller.  I'm able to wear more of the things in my closet.  I have established some healthy routines that make staying on track much easier.  I have worked to make sure my spaces are places where I can avoid temptation most of the time.  I feel settled into this new lifestyle.  It's not easy, ever, but it is workable.

My next big goal is what some refer to as Onederland.  That magical point on the scale where you get below the 200 mark and into the 100s!  I've been to Onderland once before, very briefly.  It was a great place to be, and though it was fleeting I do remember what it was like.  I remember feeling more comfortable in my own body.  I remember shopping in the regular sizes department and not even needing the biggest size.  I remember liking dresses (which anyone who knows me can tell you is not my norm).  I remember a sense of confidence, accomplishment. and contentment.

I think it was my contentment with Onderland that tripped me up the last time.  I got complacent and lazy and before I knew it Onderland was in the rearview mirror.  I'm determined not to stop at the entrance of Onderland this time around.  I feel a sense of determination and urgency (though no desire to get there too quickly than is healthy) to reach my ultimate goal weight right now set at 150lbs which is at the high end of the recommended healthy weight for my height.  As I approach goal, I will evaluate what my optimum healthy weight will be with the help of my WW leader and my doctor.  I don't have any desire to be too thin.  I just want to be in a healthy maintainable weight range.

One thing I'm doing differently starting this week is beginning a strength training workout.  I've got a pretty good routine for moving more in place, but now I want to focus on toning and strengthening.  I am hoping this will help me reshape my body as I lose.  I'm looking forward to seeing how that effects the results on the scale in the weeks to come.


Dec 2012  vs       today
             -25.8lbs!!




No comments:

Post a Comment