Friday, March 29, 2013

New Look (for the blog)

Welcome to 52 Weeks to Lose Version 2.0!

I spent quite a bit of time on it this week, making some much needed improvements.  See, when I started this thing I wouldn't let myself get too caught up in how it looks.  I just wanted to write that first post before I lost my nerve!  So this week I gave my blog a make over.  Now I think it looks a bit more "me".  I'd love your thoughts (positive or constructive) in the comments or just vote on that handy little survey over there. ----------------------->

New Features for Version 2.0:
  • My Progress (right sidebar) - this little ticker will be updated with each official weigh in.  I've set my "goal" weight for just over 100lbs from my starting weight for now.  I have many smaller goals along the way of course... but that little ticker looked best with the big goal in mind.
  • Follow By Email (right sidebar) - you can enter your email address here and my blog will be sent to you each week automatically!  There are 3 easy steps... 1) enter your email address and click submit, 2) prove you are a human, 3) click the link in your email.
  • Share It (right sidebar) - If you like this blog and think others will like it too... please share it on Twitter or Facebook.  The buttons on the side over there make it SO easy!
  • Feeding My Brain (top menu bar) - I will be keeping an ongoing list of resources (books, blogs, podcasts, etc) I discover on this page.  Check back often for updates.  If you think of any great resources you want to share, please leave them in the comments on that page.
  • Non-Scale Victories (top menu bar) - I've decided to keep a running list (newest at the top) of any little victories I have along the way.  This page isn't for achieving weight loss goals necessarily.  It is more for celebrating the other good things.  If you have some victories to share, I'd love to see them in the comments on that page!
  • Technology That Motivates (top menu bar) - These are the geeky little tools I've discovered to help me stay focused and motivated.  I hope to add to the list as I go. If you know any great gadgets or apps, please share them in the comments on that page.

No weigh in this week for me, since there is no meeting on Easter Sunday.  I could attend a meeting later this week, but then it would be pretty close to my next weigh in.  So, I have decided to skip this week.  I weigh every day at home (and am pretty excited about my progress this week), but this week will have no official recorded weight.  No official weigh in, means no picture of me this week.  So, I leave you with a message from Richard Parker...






No comments:

Post a Comment