Sunday, May 5, 2013

+3 and WORTH IT!

I expected a gain this week.  I had planned a night out to celebrate my 10% loss, with food and drinks.  Then, on Friday (night before weigh in) I went out with some friends for burgers and drinks.  I tracked everything and even did some extra activity, but figured it would still be a gain on the scale.  I was expecting the scale to show +3 or +4.  I had a great week, other than the 2 overindulgent meals I stayed right on plan.  Even so, I knew the scale would be up a little with one of those meals being the night before weigh in.

The way I look at it, I'm in this for the long haul.  If this way of life is going to be sustainable, then I am going to need to allow for weeks where I let loose a little (not too much).  Life wouldn't be much fun without some social eating and drinking now and then!  So, I take this +3 with a smile on my face, thinking of the fun that was had!

I feel pretty confident that getting back on plan today and having a good week on plan will help take at least 1.5 of it off.  Hopefully I'll be over this gain within 2 weeks.  I do HATE how it takes twice as long to lose it as it does to gain it, but that's just the way of things.

 -23.4lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment