Friday, May 30, 2014

The Journey Begins Again... Again!

I started this blog in December of 2012 with this blog post:

The Journey Begins Again

I set a goal of blogging and losing weight for 52 weeks.  I made it 30 weeks.  Not exactly perfect, but not too shabby (especially if you compare it to some of my other attempts).  In those 30 weeks I managed to lose 27.5 lbs!  Awesome!

I struggled to stay on track last July, then completely fell off the wagon (scale) in August.  I've made some moderate attempts since then to get back on track, but have let life distract me from my weight loss goals.  I'm not really beating myself up about it, since I at least haven't packed all of those pounds back on.  I'm happy to report that as of writing this post (10 months later) I am still down 22.7 lbs!  Which means I have basically maintained (+/- 5) for the last 10 months! Umm... that is kind of awesome! Right??!!

Right!

So, I am here to say I am beginning again... again. :-D

I have pretty much quit Weight Watchers.  I know it is an amazing program, and I know it works, but I wasn't doing it.  And if you don't do it, it doesn't work well at all.  I feel pretty sure I'll go running back to it at some point, but for now I am going to give this a try on my own (using what I have learned from various programs).

We all know I'm a geek (nerd, if you prefer) and technology always excites and motivates me.  So I plan to use 3 online tools to help get me back on track in June.

  1. Dietbet.com - I wrote about Dietbet last year.  I'm participating in FFTFC's Summer DietBet. I put in my $25. If I lose 4% of my starting weight, I will split the pot with all of the winners. The pot for this bet is $19,925 so far and there are 797 players.  Amazing!  Can I lose 9.5 lbs in 28 days?  I hope so! 
  2. Healthmonth.com - I wrote about HealthMonth last year too. I've picked some pretty tough rules for June.  However, I've picked a pretty awesome reward.  If I finish the month with at least one life point, I am going on a Groupon Getaway with my best friend! Here are my rules: 
    • Walk at least 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week.
    • Do weight training at least 3 days a week.
    • Drink at least 50 glasses of water a week.
    • Allow only 3 sodas a week.
    • Take a multivitamin 5 days a week.
    • Allow beer/alcohol only 1 day a week.
    • Blog at least 1 day a week.
  3. Fitbit.com - I had been using the WW Active Link, but decided to make a switch back to FitBit.  I had the original FitBit years ago, and loved keeping track of my steps!  I'm excited to have a Fit Bit again.  This time I went with the Fit Bit Zip.  So far (day 1) I love it!
Here we go again... again!





  











-22.7

No comments:

Post a Comment