Sunday, June 23, 2013

Vacation Plan

I think mom and I have settled on a Thursday night WW meeting for now.  I think this will be a great change of pace for the summer, but I will miss my current leader for sure!  I'm sure we'll still show up on Sundays now and then just to check in with Suzie!  I will be keeping the blog post on Sundays for now so be sure to check back each week to see how I'm doing (if that sort of thing interests you).

I'm a little disappointed to report I did not win the DietBet.  Turns out 4% was more than my body was willing to shed for this 4 week period.  I lost about 3% overall.  Even though I didn't win, I do feel great about the progress I made during the bet.  I really stuck with my eating plan and amped up my activity! I don't think I'll do another DietBet just yet, maybe I'll pick one for August.

This coming week will be a challenge for me.  I will be in SanAntonio Sunday through Wednesday for a conference.  It is kind of my only vacation for summer, so I don't want to make things too tough on myself.  At the same time, I don't want to come back having gained 10 lbs!  There will be a lot of opportunity to eat and drink more points than usual.  I will be doing a lot of walking, but also a lot of sitting.  I'd love to maintain my current weight for the next week, but I'd even be ok to just be up a couple of pounds.  So, I'm making a plan, in hopes that I will be able to stick with it!

Vacation Plan

  • Eating/Drinking
    • Breakfast - Coffee & something with protein (no sweets)
    • Lunch - Salad if possible or a sandwich
    • Snack - Fruit or vegetable or yogurt if possible
    • Dinner - keep it reasonable, order fish or grilled chicken with vegetables (AVOID CHIPS & SALSA)
    • Drink lots of water
    • Pick 2 nights to enjoy alcoholic beverages (reasonably) 
  • Activity - 
    • Walk to and from conference center (.5 miles each way)
    • Walk as much as possible between conference sessions
    • Take the stairs instead of escalator or elevator when possible
    • Walk to lunch 
    • Walk to dinner
    • One 3 mile walk on one evening
    • Try to average 75% or better on my ActiveLink
  • Other
    • Wear ActiveLink every day
    • Pack workout wear and shoes
    • Pack swimsuit
    • No tracking if I stick to this plan, if I splurge I will track it
    • Weigh in next Thursday night even if I'm afraid to see the results
 -30.4 lbs!


No comments:

Post a Comment